Discover old and modern Shanghai as you wish on a private 8-hour tour. With a personal guide, explore attractions like The Bund, Ming-Dynasty Yu Garden, and Jade Buddha Temple, and visit the observation deck of one of Shanghai’s highest skyscrapers. Customize your itinerary to suit your and opt to explore by private vehicle with lunch and select entrance fees included, or by private vehicle or public transit with lunch and entrance fees at own expense.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Instant Confimation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your centrally located hotel in downtown Shanghai
Returns to original departure point
Read MoreShow Less
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is NOT wheelchair friendly
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If your hotel is not located in downtown Shanghai, an arrangement can be made to meet near the downtown area
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
When you book, choose to travel by private vehicle with lunch and Yu Garden and Jade Buddha Temple admission included, or opt to explore by public transport or private vehicle with lunch and entrance fees at your own expense.
Start at Shanghai’s French Concession, once the center of colonial life and now a hip area. Visit the ‘French Park,’ to see locals enjoying activities like ballroom dancing, Tai-chi, singing, and water calligraphy, and stroll around the Concession with its charming avenues of ‘French trees’ and traditional houses.
Next, visit one of Shanghai’s most active temples: Jade Buddha. Admire its two exquisite Jade Buddha statues from Myanmar and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere as you hear about local Buddhist culture and history.
Visit People’s Square, a garden-like square great for watching locals go about their daily life. View the striking modern architecture of buildings like the Shanghai Museum and Urban Planning Hall, and if it’s the weekend and the weather is dry, see the interesting ‘Marriage Market’.
Have an authentic Shanghai lunch of select dumplings, noodles, meat, and vegetables, or ask your guide to recommend another restaurant if you have special dietary needs.
Afterward, visit the 500-year old classic Chinese Yu Garden, and view the traditional Qing-Dynasty architecture of the Old Town Bazaar. See the Huxingting Tea House near the ‘Nine Zigzag’ bridge and enjoy free time to shop for tea, antiques, jade, pearls, silk, and other wares. If you wish, experience a tea ceremony (own expense) and sample some high quality local tea.
Next, travel to The Bund, the colonial-era promenade along the Huangpu River. Admire the stunning views of old and new Shanghai, including buildings such as the Bund's Old Customs House and iconic skyscrapers like the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Financial Tower, Jinmao Tower, and Shanghai Tower.
If it’s a clear day, visit one of the towers' observation decks for bird’s-eye views, and then walk along Riverside Promenade (Binjiang Da Dao). Afterwards, explore the trendy Xintiandi quarter, where traditional shikumen houses, homes to the middle classes in the 1920s and 1930s, testify to Shanghai’s one-time European glamor.
Aside from the above itinerary, talk to your guide about experiencing other attractions such as Shanghai Museum, Tianzifang Art area, the Jewish Ghetto, Nanjing Road, and the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Art Center, or riding the city’s magnetic-levitation Maglev Train or other activities.
Your tour ends with a drop-off at your central hotel or other downtown area of your choice.
- Professional and knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Private tour services
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (Only for hotels located in downtown area. Pick up does not include hotels in the outskirts such as Jiading, Songjiang ,Qingpu ,Jinqiao, Chuansha in Pudong areas etc. If your hotel is not in the downtown area your guide will give you instructions to the meeting point downtown)
- Local Lunch and entrance fees (if option is selected upon booking)
- Experienced driver with air-conditioned car (If related option is booked)
- Personal expenses
- Lunch, and entrance fees (if option is not selected)
- Entrance fee to observation deck of the top tower
- Optional tea tasting /ceremony
- Please note: The tour is for upto 8hours, it can be extended at USD 25.00 per hour after 8hours.
* Pay by Credit/Debit Card via PayPal Our PayPal account: [email protected]
People holding a credit card or a debit card can pay the show tickets via PayPal. Only USD3.00 service charge will be added to the total amount payable. This service charge includes mailing cost.
* Pay by Telegraphic Transfer in USD (for overseas transfer in USD)
Beneficiary’s Name: HANGZHOU DELIGHT TRAVEL SERVICES CO.,LTD
Beneficiary’s Account Number: 1202005909900039266
Beneficiary’s Bank Name: ICBC(Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Zhejiang Provincial Branch)
Beneficiary’s Bank Address: No.286 Nanshan Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China
SWIFT Code: ICBKCNBJZJP
^ Your are responsible to undertake all banking charges (including local & overseas banking fees) for telegraphic transfer.
^ Please leave enough time for the payment to reach our account and email us the scanned bank-in slip for verification.