Set out on a scenic drive around Hangzhou’s UNESCO-listed landscapes on this private full-day sightseeing tour and enjoy a fully customizable itinerary. Cruise around the mist-shrouded West Lake, one of China’s most memorable natural wonders, and stroll around the Flower Harbor Park. Visit the famous Lingyin Temple, sample traditional tea at the Meijiawu Tea Village and stop for lunch in a local family home (own expense) in Amanfayun Village.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Full-day private sightseeing tour of Hangzhou, with round-trip transport included
- Take in the tranquil and scenic landscapes surrounding West Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Watch fish gather in the reflecting pools of Red Carp Pond and see the peony garden at Flower Harbor Park
- Walk from the remote retreat of Lingyin Temple to the traditional Chinese hamlet of Amanfayun Village
- Savor lunch at a local restaurant or learn how to prepare an authentic dish at a tea farmer’s home (own expense)
- Taste Dragon Well tea at Meijiawu Tea Village and search for embroidered silk on Song Dynasty Imperial Street
- Hear informative commentary from a private guide who tailors the tour to your interests
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Lunch options: Learn to cook your own Chinese lunch from local tea farmers or eat at a popular local restaurant
- Range of children’s height is between 3’3″ (1 meter) and 4’6″ (1.4 meter)
- Please provide train station or hotel information in “special requirement” at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
What to expect
Start with a 45-minute boat ride on tranquil West Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage site and perhaps Hangzhou’s most famous attraction. Relax amid enchanting scenery as your guide points out historic pagodas, Chinese-style arched bridges, tree-lined walkways, green islands and lush gardens.
Finish your cruise at Huagang (Flower Harbor) Park Wharf. A clean stream flows from Huajia Hill to join West Lake, and many flowers grow where the fresh water flows in. Stroll through part of the 54-acre (22-hectare) park to see the many varieties, including a peony garden that blooms in April, and stop at Red Carp Pond — a popular spot for viewing fish.
Next, you’re driven to Lingyin Temple (translated as ‘Temple of the Soul’s Retreat’), considered one of the 10 most famous Buddhist temples in China. Originally founded in AD 326, Lingyin Temple has been rebuilt no less than 16 times. Listen as your guide discusses its pagodas and pavilions and introduces you to some of the 470 stone carvings of Buddhist figures, which date back to the 10th to 14th centuries.
From the Zen monastery near Feilai Peak (Feilai Feng), walk along a cobblestone pathway leading to Amanfayun Village, a restored Chinese village dating back hundreds of years and situated in a remote forest of camphor and bamboo. Immerse yourself in the tranquil atmosphere of the hamlet dotted with traditional dwellings and surrounded by tea fields.
For lunch you have two options: purchase your meal at a local restaurant recommended by your guide, or head to a local tea farmer’s home to prepare a meal of local delicacies such as chicken, West Lake carp, lotus root, bamboo shoots and other tasty vegetables (own expense).
After lunch, continue to Meijiawu Tea Village, situated in the rural foothills of the West Lake district. Learn about the production of Xihu Longjing tea, also known as Dragon Well tea, and sip the fragrant green tea as you relax in this scenic setting.
Your final stop is Song Dynasty Imperial Street, renamed Zhongshanlu Beiduan. Walk with your guide along this road that stretches 1,310 feet (400 meters) and leads to the imperial palace of the Northern Song Dynasty (AD 960–1127). If you wish, stop at any of the snack bars that offer local delicacies and shops that sell antiques, embroidered items and silk.
End your private tour with a drive back to your hotel or the Hangzhou railway station.
- Hotel or train station pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned private vehicle
- English- and Chinese-speaking tour guide
- Boat ride on West Lake
- Bottled water
* Pay by Credit/Debit Card via PayPal Our PayPal account: [email protected]
People holding a credit card or a debit card can pay the show tickets via PayPal. Only USD3.00 service charge will be added to the total amount payable. This service charge includes mailing cost.
* Pay by Telegraphic Transfer in USD (for overseas transfer in USD)
Beneficiary’s Name: HANGZHOU DELIGHT TRAVEL SERVICES CO.,LTD
Beneficiary’s Account Number: 1202005909900039266
Beneficiary’s Bank Name: ICBC(Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Zhejiang Provincial Branch)
Beneficiary’s Bank Address: No.286 Nanshan Road, West Lake District, Hangzhou, China
SWIFT Code: ICBKCNBJZJP
^ Your are responsible to undertake all banking charges (including local & overseas banking fees) for telegraphic transfer.
^ Please leave enough time for the payment to reach our account and email us the scanned bank-in slip for verification.
* Pay the balance upon Arrival at the Tickets Office
No refund for any cancellation once the tickets are reserved.